17% Drop In Squidoo Traffic

During the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, I've noticed a significant drop in traffic across all my Squidoo webpages. Seventeen percent! Quite a drop actually, but in line with what I expected. I am unsure if other Squidoo lensmasters have experienced a similar drop over the past seven days, but I did read in the Squidu Forum that a bunch of people were having this problem about a week ago.

I do think that my own traffic will bounce back fairly soon (as it always returns to about the same level and then increases still further with publication of more of my Squidoo webpages. Several of my established pages experienced drops in visitor traffic, while others have seen an increase. New pages keep getting found by the internet and I see pages that were made a week or two previously with 10-20 visitors each over the last seven day period.

Over all, although the have been a drop in traffic, more is coming in and I can see this increasing. Each bump in traffic a particular lens receives bumps that lens up the Squidoo Ranks. I have a bunch floating around in the 3rd tier (and I seem to be getting a lot landing in these money tiers), that adds to my bottomline as far as getting money on Squidoo. As each lens generates it's own traffic, there's a better opportunity to sell related items from the webpage, while the visitor hopefully enjoys my content. As always, SALES are where you will make money online at Squidoo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...