Squidoo Imposes Limits On Amazon And Ebay Modules

Word has come down that there is now a limit to the number of Amazon and eBay modules you can use on Squidoo. The limit is now 10 Amazon modules and 5 eBay modules. That's it. That includes the sidebar Amazon feature.

There are a number heated discussions going on over at Squidu (the Squidoo forum) that if you are interested you should take a look at:

There is a new limit for Amazon and eBay modules

Systems for making better lenses - new OFFICIAL update

According to what I have read, if you have Squidoo pages that currently have more than the limit they will not be affected BUT you will not be able to add more to those pages and if you delete an Amazon module you won't be able to get it back. These older pages are in effect, "grandfathered" and you can continue using the same number of Amazon or ebay modules on THOSE pages. Any new pages will have the limit imposed. That goes for Giant Squids as well as new people on Squidoo.

You can read the official announcement at the SquidBlog: Systems for making better lenses. Like many, I can see the positive and negative effects of this decision - faster loading times (which Google values) versus the potential loss of Amazon revenue from Squidoo pages that are primarily sales pages.

As several people mention in the forum, It is never a good idea to have all your eggs in one basket. I will continue looking at HubPages and other sites like Xomba, SheToldMe and Best-Reviewer with renewed vigor. Squidoo remains one of my main priorities, but not my MAIN priority. Even with these limited being imposed, I would highly recommend anyone looking to make money online to cast a serious eye towards Squidoo. Especially if you are just starting out with Internet marketing.

I just wonder what other changes are being planned. One lensmaster at Squidoo said they understand that we have to play by Squidoo's rules, but it would be nice to know what the rules are before the game starts, not right in the middle. Going forward I will continue with my longterm building of pages on Squidoo but I will be looking elsewhere to shore up my online presence.

4 comments:

Infostream Network said...

I think it is good that they are imposing this limit. Your lens should be mainly content with a little on the side for yourself. Your job is to provide content to sell advertising. Not simply to tell us about products and then link and link so we buy them.

I think this will improve the quality of a very good site.

Toby said...

Your article is very useful and have good knowledge, thanks for the post.

Christina said...

Very value able post, I read the whole story when I start reading it.

Bipasha said...

I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...