Traffic Breaks 1,000 Visitor Mark At My Squidoo Lens

Say what?! I thought I was seeing things. I made up a Squidoo lens about Rachel McAdams a while back and I've been adding to it and trying to make it a better lens overall (I have to admit to a wee crush on the pretty Canadian actress), so it has been easy to research and write about McAdams and her many movies. I've been watching it go up into the top tier (yea!), and slowly build traffic. But I don't know if it will continue getting the massive traffic the lens has been experiencing, because of the type of traffic it has been receiving.

As of today, the lens shows 1,042 visits over the last 7 days, which is an alltime high for any of my lenses at Squidoo. So I had to say something here at Squidoo Land, because I'm just shocked at the numbers. Believe me, I am not complaining about the traffic - any traffic to your lenses is good traffic. The weird thing is that it is not coming from Google, or Yahoo or other search engines... it's almost all coming from Squidoo!

Over 600 visitors seem to have found my lens about Rachel McAdams were "referred" from other Squidoo lenses (wish I knew which ones!) and over 300 visitors came to the lens as directs. Gotta love those ones because that means they were looking for my lens and possibly had saved it to their favorites. The rest of my visitors were from Google, Yahoo, and several other search engines. About a month ago, Google had been the path that people discovered the wonders of Rachel McAdams, but that traffic looks like it has dried up. Hopefully it will come back eventually.

I believe a lot of this traffic is due to McAdams' latest movie, State Of Play, which just opened. The ads are all over the TV these days, Russell Crowe, Ben Affleck and Helen Mirren also star in the thriller and I've mentioned the movie on my lens. Still I had to tell somebody about my recent run of luck, so I thought I'd mention it on this blog. Now, if I could only get some sales from this traffic, I would really have something to go on about!

2 comments:

Bradshaw said...

Traffic to my lens has hit 1,400+ and overall, my traffic is at an all-time high of almost 2,500! Gotta try to drive even more.

Bradshaw said...

Hit an all-time high of over 2,600-plus before traffic started to fall back. I don't know if it has something to do with no updates, but I don't think it could be that.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...