I'm Deleting Squidoo Lenses...

No, I'm not quitting Squidoo. I've been doing some much needed housework on my dashboard by deleting about 20-30 WIP (work-in-progress) pages that have been sitting at the bottom of my dashboard for way too long.

Most are Christmas themed lenses that I started based around a good topic but that drifted to the bottom of my list of things to do. They were started in the summer of 2009, but for one reason or another, just didn't see the light of day. They were in no shape to be published and some were little more than a title and some initial prep work, so I don't feel too bad about deleting them. Perhaps other lensmasters will use the URLs and create some great webpages.

The way I see it is that there are a million topics that can be made into first-rate Squidoo pages and as I am creating new lenses almost daily, neglecting those that I have lost enthusiasm for should be deleted if I don't plan on taking immediate action and get them into fighting shape. There is the option of trying to sell the lenses based on what the URL is, but with so little work done on them, I figured I would just get them off my dashboard. Of course I kept a list of what the URLs were in case I decide to follow up on them in the future, but I have my hands full with the new webpages I've been generating.

Also, I've deleted some of my underperforming webpages that have generated no visits or sales. Not that many, but just the ones that I thought were a little shoddy and covering minor topics that in the long run wouldn't likely generate much traffic even if I re-worked them. Most were some of my oldest Squidoo webpages that I published in the initial rush of becoming a Squidoo lensmaster and with a more experienced lensmaster's eye, wouldn't be created today.

And with that all said, I am working on several new webpages for Squidoo on topics I enjoy and look forward to sending out into the Squidiverse. I am a squid who is little leaner and more focussed. And looking forward to the coming year and expecting even better results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...